mediaTUM is the central document and publication server of the Technische Universität München. It supports the publication of digital documents and primary data as well as the multimedia use in research and teaching.
Under 'Collections' you will find selected digital collections as well as electronic versions of dissertations and postdoctoral dissertations (Habilitationsschriften).
Under 'Institutions' you will find a browsing structure which reflects the organisational structure of the TUM. It offers you a comprehensive overview of the content published by the individual institutions (faculties, departments, central institutions, etc.).
With mediaTUM you can:
- manage digital objects in your individual work space
- upload documents yourself and create your own folder structure
- index your objects through meta data in individually adjustable input forms
- make your collection available to the faculty, campus-wide or freely accessible on the web
- search your own collection or the whole content of mediaTUM
- select, export and edit documents using a shopping cart feature
- collect and process primary data
mediaTUM was originally developed in the framework of the DFG project IntegraTUM and is continuously expanded with new functionalities as required.
More detailed information and instructions on using the system can be found in the help section.
The underlying software is the open-source product mediaTUM, which is being developed by the TUM University Library. For information on this product and to download the software, see http://mediatum.sourceforge.net